YORK Search Group is a professional Search Consultancy placing Executive, Management and key Technical Professionals in the Engineering and Construction sectors. Our Construction Team places professionals with Canada's top General Contractors specializing in Infrastructure, Heavy Civil, Commercial, Industrial and High-Rise Construction projects. Our clients consistently pay the highest salaries in the industry!
VP of OPERATIONS
MY client is one of the top construction firms in the industry with offices throughout the country. They are looking for a seasoned leader to serve as the Vice President of Operations for their ICI buildings division in the GTA.
· Manages the development, operations, and financial aspects of the divisions projects
· Creates the structure and processes necessary to manage the organization's current activities and its projected growth through the design, development and implementation of Departmental policies and procedures
· Assist in the establishment, and ensure compliance, of operational units’ short-term and long-term goals with overall corporate objectives.
· Coordinate and confer with professional staff to resolve operating problems and difficulties, and authorize department operational procedures within corporate framework.
· Serve as GTA management team member
· Manage job cost analysis on all projects to ensure consistent profitability on all jobs, and to identify and make improvements where needed.
· Directly accountable for P&L, client relations, and operations management
Direct and coordinates the establishment of budget, job costing and standardized pricing programs to meet profitability goals. Including labor, equipment, material, and overhead costs to determine minimum estimate or bid, which will provide for margin of profit
· Accountable for budgets, schedules and client satisfaction.
· Accountable for multiple construction projects, including the supervision of project staff, to bring projects to an on-budget and on-schedule completion with a satisfied client
· Perform additional assignments as required by the needs of the operational unit, company, or as directed by the President
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
· Educational and experience requirements include: 4 year technical or business administration degree or equivalent (advanced degree may be helpful), plus extensive experience in the management of construction segments
· Advanced knowledge of the construction industry and company operations required
· Strong ability to drive execution through others and exhibits a bias for action.
· Excellent organizational, leadership, communication, and analytical skills a necessity
· Must have very strong Budget preparation and P & L Management experience
· Strong understanding of General Construction, Project Management, reading blue prints and managing trades
· Experience in Strategic Planning and effective communication, coordination and successful execution of plans among multiple departments
· Proven experience and success with implementation of new systems, processes, procedures and general improvements
· Strong Leadership and Team Management skills with large staff of employees
· Must have good client relationship skills, ability to enforce subcontracts and to direct personnel
· Must be able to interface with other staff members for project planning, problem resolution and develop preliminary and detailed phasing schedules for prospective projects.
· Must have excellent communication skills and client interface abilities
· Proficient in all Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook applications and strong computer skills
· Responsible for the selection, placement, and performance of all Operations staff within the GTA division (including Safety department)
· Exemplify leadership qualities by showing direction, support, and motivation of staff
· Provide advice, guidance, and direction to subordinate executives and managers toward their professional development
Looking for something a little different than what you see above? Give me a call at 647-728-0525. In many cases, all it takes is a quick discussion about your background, past successes and future goals for our team to assist you in uncovering opportunities that can advance your career, improve your work/life balance, and increase your bottom line!
Here’s what some of our Clients and Candidates have to say about us:
“York Search Group is the only firm I’ve worked with that takes a surgical approach to understand the type of candidates that we need, I always start with them when I need a hard to find individual” – VP Operations, ICI General Contractor
“Thank you for taking the time to work with me, to listen to the type of job that I really wanted, and for the patience you showed in waiting for that opportunity to materialize” – Recently placed Construction Project Manager
All enquiries will be held in strict confidence.
Should your qualifications and experience meet the requirements of one of these job opportunities, we will be in touch shortly. We will also contact you now or in the future if your experience is better suited to one of our other job opportunities.
Please visit our General Construction page for information on other opportunities. http://yorksearchgroup.com/sa/construction/